I’m afraid this is the news you have all been dreading….
Despite indications that live indoor events can take place from 14th September, a number of Covid- 19 related issues mean we have taken the decision to cancel Ceol Cholasa 2020.
New cases are on the increase and we simply cannot afford to risk the health of our elderly and vulnerable population. The uncertainty around exactly what will and what will not be permissible after 14th September is another factor.
Many regular festival goers and the artists themselves have expressed reservations about coming to such a fragile and remote community during the pandemic and frankly we have to agree.
We held on to see if the virus would have subsided enough for us to continue, but sadly we believe this not to be the case.
A few items of good news to soften the blow:
- Ceol Choloasa will be back in 2021 with the same stellar line-up you were all expecting this year. That means the other worldly LAU, the sensational KINNARIS QUINTET, the outstanding TIM EDEY, the fantastic SIOBHAN MILLER, the explosive EABHAL and the stunning BRIGHDE CHAIMBEUL.
- Pedants rejoice! The missing year means that Ceol Cholasa 2021 will be both the 13thrunning and 13 years since we started! Yummy.
- We’re in the early stages of looking to do something on a smaller scale this year. Maybe the same weekend, maybe not. But certainly not a 250 capacity festival, more like a 50 capacity concert or two. We’ll keep you posted on Facebook.
Now the admin…..
Ceol Cholasa 2021 will take place between 16th and 19th September. So first point of business would be to get that accommodation booked.
Secondly, get in touch with Keir via email (email@example.com). Options are:
- If you have reserved and paid for tickets by bank transfer or cheque you can either move this over to next year or request a full refund.
- If you only reserved tickets but have not yet paid (this should be the majority of you), then you can ask for your reservation to be moved forward to 2021 or cancel it altogether.
- If you bought tickets online via TicketSource then you should receive a full refund within the next few days. You will then need to rebook, either with Keir or online again. You cannot move your online booking to 2021.
Payment for 2021 will not be due until late February. This will also mark the end of the early bird discount. Those who missed out on the early bird discount this year, but wish to carry over their reservation will get the discounted rate.
The most important thing here is to get in touch to let us know what you intend to do.
And please give us a little more time than usual to respond. This side of things is deliberately dealt with in the Winter months when we don’t have much on our collective plates. August and September however is when we are all at our busiest. We will get back to you.
We hope you’re all keeping safe and well and we can’t wait to welcome you back in 2021. It’s going to be one hell of a party!
Keir and The Ceòl Cholasa Team