Welcome to the place to keep up with all the latest goings on with your favourite wee festival. Here you’ll find up to the minute information regarding artists, tickets, accommodation etc., as well as the occasional raving and/or ranting that your festival organisers need to get off their respective chests. Feel free to comment on any post and let us know what you think!!
Where Does 10 Years Go? This time in 2007 Keith and I were boldly going where no ‘eejit’ had gone before in an attempt to run the first Colonsay Folk Festival. 10 years on we are delighted to announce our final guests for 2017. ‘Inyal’ are a young band putting a fresh face on a traditional.. read more →
Well here we are in the midst of the annual January gloom, and I guess you all need cheering up a wee bit, and hopefully Pedie and I can be of some spirit-lifting assistance. Time then to announce some more of the artists who will grace our wee Hall in September. First up is a.. read more →
A HAPPY NEW YEAR to festival goers, friends of festival goers, potential festival goers and, in general all goers. And a massive thank you from Keith and Pedie for the encouragement, help, support and friendship we’ve received over the last nine years. BIG THANKS Ceòl Cholasa 2017 is well into the planning, and being our.. read more →
2017 will be the tenth Ceòl Cholasa and to celebrate we are adding a few events to show visitors a little bit more of the Island. There will be music every night but not perhaps to the frantic levels of the main festival (14th to 17th). If you want to learn a little more.. read more →
Want to know what’s on and when? Well, that seems reasonable. Here then is the running order for Ceòl Cholas 2016: Running Order 2016 (click the link you big dafty) A couple of things to note about Thursday’s gig: Niall, McNeill, McNeill & MacNeill is not only a mouthful but also a FREE concert. So come.. read more →
Version:1.0 StartHTML:0000000167 EndHTML:0000001585 StartFragment:0000000541 EndFragment:0000001569 We know it’s only just over a week to go now, but keep the heid! Reports are coming in hourly of music fans running naked through the streets, doing impromptu congas round lampposts, getting drunk as a warm up to the real thing, and even going to St Mirren matches… read more →
Normally Keith and I would be in hibernation at this time of year however the possibility of ferry timetable changes by Calmac are forcing us to look at how we might best organise next year’s festival. The previous timetable lent itself very well to a weekend festival, the proposed one won’t! It may be that.. read more →
Well, that’s it all over again for another year. But what a feast it was! Many people have said to me, myself included, that it was the best ever. But I think I say that every year, caught up in the euphoria of it all. Suffice it to say that it was hugely enjoyed by.. read more →
Well only two actually! We’re delighted that Laura-Beth Salter has agreed to do a mandolin workshop, probably Saturday 19th 11am ish. For those of you who haven’t checked her out, shame on you, Laura-Beth is just the best. Comfortable in all styles, tunes, bluegrass, chords and other strange things that mere mortals can’t do… read more →
- 19 Dec 2017Ceòl Christmas Countdown Week 11: The Ghost of Festivals PastWell, here it is, Merry Christmas! When we started this countdown it was mid October and we looked q...
- 13 Dec 2017Ceòl Christmas Countdown Week 10: Tide LinesTIDE LINES Who are these guys? Well we reckon most of you will know Tide Lines. After all, they were...
- 06 Dec 2017Ceòl Christmas Countdown Week 9: The Stompin’ Late Night Ceòl Ceilidhfeaturing THE CAITLIN MCNEILL CEILIDH BAND Cèilidhean that start in the early evening are so passé...
- 29 Nov 2017Ceòl Christmas Countdown Week 8: The Teuchtars Do…THE TEUCHTARS DO…. In the halcyon days of early Ceòl Cholasa there was to be found a co...
- 22 Nov 2017Ceòl Christmas Countdown Week 7: Hamish Napier & Innes WatsonHAMISH NAPIER & INNES WATSON Who are these guys? Kudos to all our super keen Christmas Countdown...